Made from the dried calyces of the hibiscus flower, this caffeine-free drink is delicious — not to mention the antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals! In this blog, we’ll explore hibiscus tea, from the unique taste, to the benefits and how to brew the perfect cup!
Hibiscus Tea Benefits: Hibiscus Tea is Good for What?
1. Jam-Packed With Antioxidants
Hibiscus tea is recognized for its richness in antioxidants, specifically anthocyanins. These antioxidants are naturally occurring compounds that can assist in tackling free radicals — harmful molecules that can potentially damage cells and be a factor in aging and various health conditions.
2. Vitamin C? Yes Please!
Hibiscus tea is notable for its high vitamin C content, which can contribute to maintaining a robust immune system. This makes it a preferred beverage during the cold and flu season. Vitamin C is crucial for the generation of white blood cells, which play a key role in defending the body against infections and diseases.
3. Skin and Hair
The antioxidants and vitamin C found in hibiscus tea can boost collagen production and combat free radicals that lead to cell damage, and hibiscus tea is loaded to the brim with these amazing natural warriors!
What Does Hibiscus Tea Taste Like?
Hibiscus tea has a unique, tangy flavor profile you won’t find anywhere else! Often compared to cranberries, the flavor is slightly tart with a hint of natural sweetness and a refreshing, fruity taste. The tea can be enjoyed hot or cold, making it a versatile option for any time of the year!
Hibiscus Tea Recipe: How to Make Hibiscus Tea
1. Use high-quality hibiscus: For the tastiest tea, choose organic, dried hibiscus flower.
2. Measure the hibiscus: Use about 1-2 tablespoons of dried flower per 8 ounces of water.
3. Heat the water: Bring the water to a boil, then remove from heat.
4. Steep the tea: Add the hibiscus to the hot water and let it steep for 5-10 minutes. The longer it steeps, the stronger and more tart the flavor will be.
5. Strain and sweeten: Strain the tea into a cup and sweeten with honey, brown sugar. If you’re making Flowerade’s famous Buzzy Hibiscus Tea, toss in your ideal dose of delta 9 powder — anywhere from 1-3 scoops of Buzz Powder VIBE should do the trick!
6. Enjoy: Sip your hibiscus tea and savor the unique, refreshing flavor.
Supporting your wellness with the unique, tangy flavor and vibrant color is easy — and it just got easier — with Hibiscus Haze Tea from Flowerade! Flavored by nature and naturally sweetened with honey powder, this sweet CBD-infused hydrating drink powder is bound to become your new favorite flavor! Keep your vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and electrolytes in your pocket with a packet of Hibiscus Haze Tea!